Introduce yourself!

PropagandaPanda
edited May 2020 in Mentorship

Hello fellow Geekdom members!

In order for us to understand how we can help each other out in our collaborative environment, I think it will be helpful if we introduce ourselves and state what areas of expertise we have to help others and where we are looking for help! I will go ahead and start.

My name is Omar Quimbaya, and I have been a Geekdom member since March of 2013. My career started in English as a second language education then transitioned to social media and event management, and then transitioned again into software development and cyber security. I have been doing software development and cyber security since 2014, and in those areas, I feel most comfortable helping others improve.

If you have questions about cyber security or software development, please let me know! If I can't help you, I will do my best to help you find someone who can help you. Where do I need help? I am looking to learn more about secure cloud native software development and how to build conferences from communities. Just a little hint at stuff I am working on!

All right, Geekdom! Your turn! Tell us who you are and how you can help!

Comments

• Entrepreneur/Designer/Facilitator

I am a Senior Lead Product Designer, problem solver, mentor, and teacher/facilitator of UX and Product Design at Dell and UT UX/UI Bootcamp. I'm good at the business of design, and visual design as well. I'm also in the UT MSTC (Texas McCombs M.S. in Technology Commercialization program0 master's program as well. Here is link to the program. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYzjlL01e_w

I love to mentor designers on business, and take any chance I can to speak to the value of design, design thinking, and business.

When I lived in San Antonio, I used to office out of Geekdom when it was located at the 11th floor of the Weston Centre. I moved out when it moved to the new building.

Look forward to helping where I can.